Re: Convert FAT32 to FAT16 with windows 98.

> Nick Rudd wrote:
>
> yes i have only windows 98 installed on my computer. I was wondering
> if there was any way that i could convert FAT 32 back into FAT16
> without reinstalling windows.
>
> Chris Smith

Partition Magic will convert from fat16 to fat32 or vice-versa. It does
it with a gui and is quite easy and in my experience safe. I have
converted a partition to fat32 and then back to fat16 at a later date
with no problems.

One responder asked why would you not want to leave it fat32. My
experience is that lilo will not work on the mbr of a fat32 drive, and
also a fat32 drive is slower than the same drive with fat16. But that
doesn't really matter to me anymore - now _all_ my partitions are ext2
<g>.

--
Ben Messinger	bmessin@3-cities.com