Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

Ok! Ted,

I cranked up my win95 box just to see exactly what I lost when I
switched to linux.

Let's see now? Boy that's a tough question. What did I lose with linux?
Hmmmmmm! Hmmmmmm! Hmmmmmm! (much thinking going on here) Well I could be
wrong, but I can't see that I've lost much of anything. As a matter of
fact I've gained something - the freedom to control my own computer.

Whooooops! Wait a second. I was wrong. I did lose something - something
that windows provides and linux doesn't. I've lost all the extra
practice I used to get rebooting my computer after the dreaded blue
"FATAL ERROR" page of death. ;-)

GO! PENGUIN! GO!

John Carline

> From: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
> Subject: What DO you lose with Linux ???
> To: linux-users@mcc.ac.uk,
> linux-uk-discuss@mailbase.ac.uk,suse-linux-e@suse.com,
> linux-list@ssc.com, debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> Apologies for duplicate postings, but I'd like to make sure
> I sound
> a diverse population.
<snip>