Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

George Bonser wrote:
> > What type of integration are you thinking of?
>
> Drag and drop from a spreadsheet, word processor, or graphics program ...
> the embedable opject idea. Having the mail program be able to directly
> render some standard wp formats, show graphic items within the document,
> etc. Drag FROM a email to a spreadsheet, database, whatever. Shared
> document areas and stuff. Sort of like how exchange and outlook are
> SUPPOSED to work only make it REALLY work. It is a powerful concept, just
> klunky in its implimentation and its wandering away from existing
> standards.

Easy handling of attachments would be nice (DnD).
But I would have a problem with the direct rendering of graphics, WP,
spreadsheets, etc...  This sounds like an easy way to spread trojans
thru buffer overflows, macros, etc. (Witness the Melissa virus)
Also, I don't think the OLE/Baboon paradigm lends itself well to email.
Other office apps, yes.  But email, no.
Call me old-fashioned, but I think email should remain a primarily
text-based medium.  Nothing irks me more that some nut sending an
HTML email to the Debian lists.

JMHO,
-Mitch