Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> Seems to me adding stuff to rcS.d would jeopardize using single mode booting as
> a tool when somethiing in your default runlevel won't run right?
>
> Still, it might be the replacement of rc.boot.....
>
> After my initial posting in this thread I must say that Debian, and maybe Linux
> in general, has a complicated, not very user friendly, way of handling loading
> of drivers and programs at boot. Both DOS/Windows and OS/2 handles this more
> "elegantly".
Hmm.... DOS/Windows and OS/2 are PC operating systems, Linux is Unix and
administration doesn't have to be "user friendly" - for your home needs, your
dist vendor does for you all you need, for the open community needs, it takes
a system administrator to manage the machine and such a person should RTFM -
ALL OF THEM... And, IMO, the way of loading programs and devices is quite
elegant and simple :-))))

> I am more confused than ever :)
And I'm confused with the odd mixture of CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT,
WINSTART.BAT, registry, WIN.INI, SYSTEM.INI, somethingelse.ini of M$
Windows...

marek