WTF is the difference between SysV and BSD was:[Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?]

Can someone please explain to me as to how one would tell if their
system is Sys V or BSD.  Also what are the differences?  I have used
Slackware, Redhat and Debian.  Redhat seems to be Sys V as does
debian.  Slackware seems different ... is it BSD??

I have never been able to get this question answered so I thought that
I would pose it here.

Thanks

Shaun

--

World Trade Center Marxist cracking spy Albanian Clinton SDI NSA
Noriega fissionable Treasury AK-47 Nazi KGB Waco, Texas