Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

Seems to me adding stuff to rcS.d would jeopardize using single mode booting as
a tool when somethiing in your default runlevel won't run right?

Still, it might be the replacement of rc.boot.....

After my initial posting in this thread I must say that Debian, and maybe Linux
in general, has a complicated, not very user friendly, way of handling loading
of drivers and programs at boot. Both DOS/Windows and OS/2 handles this more
"elegantly".

I am more confused than ever :)

On 28-Mar-99 Brian Servis wrote:
> *- On 28 Mar, Marc Haber wrote about "Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on
> Debian?"
>> On 28 Mar 1999 11:02:24 +0200, you wrote:
>>>Besides, /etc/rc.boot has been deprecated and will disappear.
>>
>> How am I supposed to early load daemons (like scsidev which should be
>> loaded before any disks are mounted)?
>>

> Look in /etc/rcS.d and the README file that is in there.  This is the
> replacement for rc.boot.
>
> --
> Brian
> "Never criticize anybody until you have walked a mile in their shoes,
>  because by that time you will be a mile away and have their shoes."
>                                                          - unknown
>
> Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net
> Purdue University                   http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis
> /dev/null