upgrading with 2 CD's

I just got my slink CD's, and started trying to upgrade (from hamm).
I can't find anything, in the Release Notes or elswhere, that says how to deal
with multiple CD's.  The closest thing is the file README.multicd which seems
to be talking only about installs, not upgrades, and all it says is to be sure
to start with the last CD in place.

README.multicd also refers to a "multicd" method in dselect, but when I run
dselect, I see no mention of it.

Can someone explain what I'm supposed to do.  I'd also suggest that those
instructions be made available in a prominent place on the web site.

Thanks.

--
David Zelinsky
zelinsky@us.net