DOS partitions on a pure-linux box

Hi friends,

One of my HDs recently died, corrupting a few essential system files on
the way. It didn't distroy the system, but it is no longer as 'perfect'
as it was. Given this, and the fact that I want to update to slink, I've
decided to do a complete new install on a new 6.4G HD, and copy accross
everything of interest (like my home directory).

This is going to be a full-time, 100% uptime, linux box. But having said
that, I'd like to play around with WINE and DOSEmu a bit. Although I
know what WINE is, I've never played with it myself. I do use DOSEmu
tho, and I have a 20M image file set up with Caldera OpenDOS installed
on it.

My question is, given that I have a largish HD, is it worth me
formatting one of the partitions with DOS (OpenDOS, prolly)? I can live
with a large image file for DOSEmu if need be, but it might be easier
having a whole 100M or something to play with as a partition. Might be
handy if I ever need to boot into DOS too (god forbid!).

What do other people do? Is it herasy to suggest one bit of a linux box
be DOS? Is there any good reasons not to do it? Will a DOS partition
make life easier with WINE (I'm hanging out to try this qualitative
analysis package I have on linux...)

Any thoughts (on or off list) are welcome...

Cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,