Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.3.96.990327204002.401V-100000@calvin.captech.com>,
George Bonser  <grep@oriole.sbay.org> wrote:
>On 28 Mar 1999, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
>> The guys from the LSB (Linux Base Standard) are currently talking with
>> Debian and RedHat to agree on one standard /etc/init.d structure. It
>> will probably be abstracted and have symbolic names and dependencies.
>
>HORSE PUCKY! There are two standards, SysV and BSD ... PICK ONE!

Okay, I am vendor X and want to put my boot script somewhere.

a) where do I put it
b) at which priority
c) in which runlevel

Oh that's different between Redhat Debian Suse Slackware etc and I
have to create packages for all of them you say?

Oh well I guess I'll just create an RPM for RedHat then

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?