Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.4.05.9903280058411.3750-100000@jester.vip.net.pl>,
Marek Habersack  <grendel@vip.net.pl> wrote:
>I know it is for one-time boottime initialization of some packages. But in the
>absense of rc.local it can be used, as a poor-man's substitute. OTOH, the two
>startup file layout standards haven't been designed to be intermixed, so I
>guess that this discussion is purely theoretical and inpractical...

No. Go back and _read_ the archives.

/etc/rc.boot runs very early in the boot process. No daemons (except
maybe portmap) are running yet. No named, no syslogd, no apache etc.

Historically, /etc/rc.local runs as the _last_ thing in the boot process.
The system has been initialized fully before rc.local runs.

There is a key difference.

Besides, /etc/rc.boot has been deprecated and will disappear.

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?