Re: (no subject)

> Hi:
> I am fed-up with MS and its products and OS.  I've looked to see how to
> get Linux.  Unfortunately, I am not familiar at all with files,
> extensions, what how to download and zip, unzip.  Can someone tell how
> does this work?  If I need to install a windows based package, I know
> that there are executable files.  With Linux, I don't know all of this.
> I read pages and pages as to how to pre-install.... But no one said what
> is the file to download and how to unzip if zipped.  I appreciate your
> assistance.

Sounds like you have made a good decision!  It will take a while for
you to get used to linux --- but hang in there, you'll get it in the end.

Have you read the information on the world wide web at:

  http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/install

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions.  If you still have
more questions, feel free to write back to this list.

Cheers,

Mark.