Re: samba: Operation not permitted (was: Re: vfat -> cp: file: Operation not permitted)

Hello,

> >> "JB" == Jiri Baum <jiri@baum.com.au> writes:
> JB> I ask because I'd like to be able to use `mv' to move files. If it
> JB> can't set permissions on the destination, mv behaves like cp.

Martin Bialasinski:
> On FAT partitions, there is no concept of permissions. So Linux uses
> values determined by the uid, gid and umask options on mount.

I know.

On FAT partitions, one can set them to be `quiet' about it, so attempts to
set permissions fail silently.

I'd like to be able to do the same with smbfs.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently