Re: Slink install

I have some more information.  I tried installing again.  the same thing happened.
Everything unpacks ok until it reaches emacs20  this is what it says:
Unpacking emacs20
dpkg: error processing ./emacs20.20.3-7.deb ( --install): error writing to the
'usr/share/emacs/20.3/leim/skk/skkdid.elc': No space left on device.
dpkg-deb. subprocess paste killed by signal (broken pipe)

Then several other programs are broken and then the error ends with:
unable to flush /var/lib/dpkg/updates/tmp.; after padding: no space left on device
dpkg: failed to write status record about 'libdnd1' to '/var/lib/dpkg/status': no
space left on device.
Installation OK.  Hit Return.

What does all this mean?  When I try to go back into dselect and select "select" I get
the error:
dpkg: parse error, in file '/var/lib/dokg/updates/0039' near line 1:
newline in field name '#padding'

So dselect is unusable.
Help,
Kent