Re: what is flex ?

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Will Lowe wrote:

> > What is flex ?

> Flex is the gnu clone of "lex",  one of the original unix lexical analysis
> tools.

> A decent book on compiler construction could probably explain
> it better.  "Compilers: Principles,  Techniques,  and Tools" by Aho,
> Sethi, and Ullman  (1984,  Addison-Wesley,  also called "The Dragon Book"
> because it's got a picture of a dragon on the front) is probably the
> standard compilers text.

Actually, I found that the book _Lex and Yacc_ published by O'Reilly &
Associates is quite readable (I read the whole thing in two days) and is a
good introduction to things both lexish and yaccish (including bison.)
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/