Re: Where is "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" on Debian?

Well,

I did put the OSS startup script in rc.boot, and the drivers load and work
fine. The only problem is the message I get about obsolete pci device which, as
I was informed here, has nothing to do with the way the driver is loaded.

On 27-Mar-99 Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article
> <cistron.Pine.LNX.4.05.9903272335100.3273-100000@jester.vip.net.pl>,
> Marek Habersack  <grendel@vip.net.pl> wrote:
>>Hmm... isn't that a bit overkill? Why don't you just put stuff in
>>/etc/rc.boot
>>or do cd /etc;mkdir rc.d;ln -sf rc.boot rc.d/rc.local???
>
> NO
>
> /etc/rc.boot and rc.local are totally different things.
>
> If you do not know what you are doing DO NOT use /etc/rc.boot
>
> Read about this in the archives. It has come up at least 60 times before.
>
> Mike.
> --
> Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
>

> --
> /dev/null

Regards,
Christian Dysthe