dvisvga and resolution problems

I ran trying to setup dvisvga to get 800x600 resolution but all that it will allow me is 320x200.  I have a matrox millinium card and I am currently running libsvga on my console so I know I have the capabilities.  Everytime I try to set the mode by

dvisvga -d800x600 I get the following error

fatal error: display: no such vga-mode on this machine

Anyone know what I can do to get better than 320-200 resolution out of dvisvga?

Lance