Re: update-rc.d

On Sat, Mar 27, 1999 at 09:35:27AM +0100, Piotr Legiecki wrote:
> Hi
> I'v received an answer to my question about managing links in rcx.d directories, but it wasn't what I was talking about.
> The update-rc.d scripts simply removes links AND scripts from init.d directory and I want only temporarly disable
> running some daemons during system startup (like netsysv or chkconfig from RedHat).
> Hm, is there only one solution = by hand??!!

install the file-rc package. It let's you manage your init scripts from
a single conf file. You can comment out lines add lines etc. I use it
on my home and production system.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation