Re: install

>> "g" == gio  <gio@dtpmicro.com> writes:

g> We received your three CD's without boot disk. Is the boot disk
g> missing or is there a different way to install Linux.

You can install Debian from bootdisks (they are on the CD, you can
create them), by booting from CD oder by running the install.bat.

See the documentation in the install directory on the CD.

g> I tried to boot from DOS, then went to the Linux CD and ran the
g> boot.bat but Linux can't see the SCSI drive. It's hooked up to an
g> Adaptec 7890 U2 controller. The HD is an IBM 9.1GB LVD. Help is
g> greatly appreciated.

This should work with Debian 2.1
In Debian 2.0, the kernel does not have drivers for this host adapter.

Check http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/ for updated bootdisks
(hamm is the directory for the Debian 2.0 ones).

Ciao,
	Martin