Help with CD writing

Hello,

I am using an ide cd-writer (HP7100i) to burn cd's. I have recompiled
the kernel (2.0.34) with scsi emulation enabled. So far I am able to
burn cd's after making an image of the files/directories I need to
burn using mkisofs. I have some problems/questions for which I need
some assistance:

1. When scsi emulation is enabled, how do I mount my regular cd's?

2. Xcdroast could detect both my ide-cd reader and writer. But I was
   not able to copy data/auido cd onto a blank cd. It always says that
   the cd-drive is empty. What has to be setup to get it working?

Thanks for any suggestions,

sridhar

Sridhar M. A.
Department of Physics