Re: Sorry, it's sound again, pls. help

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, O. Niepolt wrote:

> which _is_ the standard kernel for slink? Would it make sense to use 2.2
> or to use ALSA? Where could I find 2.2 kernel debs? I'm asking this

I have an SB16PnP and I recently posted the instructions on how I did the
sound on my system to this debian-user list, see:
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-9903/msg03187.html
I think http://netgod.net/ has the latest kernel debs, but I don't know if
there are any sound modules compiled in those debs.
I'm currently running Debian 2.1 (slink), with kernel 2.2.4, and
everything seems to work fine (except for the midi/synth, that is, and
I've tried mostly anything I could think of to make it work.  Not even the
real OSS driver worked on that part).

Roy

#### Unsolicited commercial email with be billed at $350/message ####
Roy Larsen, royal@nospam.bellsouth.net
To send me an email remove the `nospam.' part from the address.