Re: first-time exim

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, George Bonser wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > Did you get an answer already?
> >
> > you write:
> >
> > >dbroseme@cornus:[~]$ ll /var/spool/mail
> > >total 2
> > >drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mail         1024 Feb  1 07:42 ./
> > >drwxr-xr-x   9 root     root         1024 Mar 10 11:27 ../
> > >
> > >Note the conspicuous absence of /var/spool/mail/dbroseme!
> >
> > What does 'mailq' say? If there's a message in the queue, look at
> > /var/spool/exim/msglog/* for explanation (there's some command to
> > do that, but I like to do it by hand :)
> >
> > It may be a problem with permissions somewhere or whatever.
>
> ALso check /var/log/exim/paniclog and /var/log/exim/mainlog for clues.

Thanks for the replies.  I solved it two days after this post.  I don't
remember the solution now, something about allowed IP addresses/subnets.
I couldn't fix it with the eximconf program, I had to edit the file
manually.  Seemed silly to me, but it's fixed.  If anyone's interested,
I'll have a look through the config file and see what it was I
changed/added.  (Just a diff with exim.conf.old should do it).  Anyway, it
was on a sparc, so maybe this problem doesn't exist on intels.

Thanks again.

-Dano