Re: XFree86 with Neomagic

David Wright <d.wright@open.ac.uk> writes:

> Quoting Kevin Dalley (kevin@seti-inst.edu):
> >
> > You may also need the 2.2.x kernel.  My Neomagic servers were broken
> > until I upgraded the kernel to 2.2.1, from 2.0.36.  Both the older
> > Neomagic specific server was broken and the newer svga server By the
> > way, I am now using the svga server.
> >
> I'm not sure what you're saying is broken. I appear to be running
> a Neomagic-specific server on 2.0.34 and the NM2160 chipset with
> no problems:

Well, the server core dumped on startup.  I also have an NM2160 on a
Thinkpad 600.   It core dumped shortly after the fonts was read.  My
older NeoMagic server works with the new kernel.

Here is my /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable non-US
deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable main
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free