Re: CD-R/RW Question

I have gotten CD-R disks for as low as 10 cents each (after a rebate on
a 10 pack.).  Also I think you can't even buy a CD-R drive anymore, all
the new ones are CD-RW (which also write CD-R's).  Compusa and best buy
have periodicly had IDE CD-RW drives on sale for $149-$199 after rebate.
 I havn't gotten one yet (OK as soon as the price gets below $149 I
will) but I understand that to use the IDE kind you have to enable scsi
emulation in the kernel.  I tried this with my ide CD-rom drive and it
works fine (except for the XCDplayer).

I have also been told that the 2x and 4x drives only will write ONCE at
that speed without powering down the computer (and therefore the drive)
to let it cool down.  But you can burn forever at 1x.  Anyone had this
problem?

===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze