Re: X11

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 12:33:22PM -0600, Kevin Lee wrote:

> I have just installed Debian Linux 2.1 from scratch.  Everything is working
> properly except X11.  I am currently using a Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM
> graphics adapter.  My problem is as follows:
>
> When Linux boots up xdm is automatically started (which is fine).  The GUI
> login screen appears.  When I login in as root or any other user X11 seems
> to try to start but then flickers and returns to the login screen.  If any
> one knows how to correct this I would be grateful.

Do you have the lastest xdm package (3.3.2.3a-11)? I've got the same video
card that you have, and I did have the same problem with several _unstable_
releases of xdm (-5 through -9 I think). Ever since I installed the -11
version, everything works great.

Hope it helps.
--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.