Slink's libc6 breaks ftp, telnet, etc...

I just upgraded my HAMM system to SLINK.  However after all was said and
done I got an error during telnet, wget and ftp.. and ncftp gave me no
errors at all.

The problem is in the libc6 2.0.7.19981211-6 package.  With this package
installed I get the following error:  Host name lookup failure

If I go back and add the old package (libc6_2.0.7t-1).  I do not have this
problem.

I have installed SLINK from scratch on a laptop and a friend's system.  I
did not get these errors then, so why now?  Is this a bug?  Anyone else see
this?

--Jay Barbee