RE: gnome 1.0.x libs

> I tried to get the elightenment window manager 0.15, only it needs the
> libs for gnome ver 1.0.x (i think its 1.0.2) , among others
> libgnome32 1.0.2-1
> libgnomeui32
> imlib1 1.9.4-1
> libcapplet0 1.9.3-4
> etc.
> I can't seem to find these libs anywhere.
> If anyone knows where i may find them, or how to install the sources so
> dpkg recognises them (I saw that package guitar under potato needs some
> of them, but they didn't appear anywhere in the distribution)
> I got some other packges also that need these libs.
> also the older versions are now broken because i tried to get the libs
> from another source (rpm) so now gnome won't work at all.

Micha,

I had the same problem a while ago, and was helped by a couple of people on
the list.  Here are the 2 lines from my /etc/apt/sources.list, I don't know
if both are needed, but it seems to work for me(tm).

http://www.debian.org/~jim/debian-gtk-gnome/gnome-stage-slink unstable main
deb http://www.debian.org/~jules/gnome-stage-2 unstable main

BTW, perhaps send what sucess you have to the list, I've had some problems
with things like the gnome control center and panel applets, and am
interested to see if you are more successful.

---
Alan Bailward
alan@northco.net  http://www.northco.net/alan
"Conversion, fastidious Goddess, loves blood better than brick, and feasts
most subtly on the human will."
-- Virginia Woolf, "Mrs. Dalloway"