Re: Use apt to form a partial local mirror of Slink -- how?

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Mark Phillips wrote:

> My second best option is to use nfs to symlink the laptop's
> /var/cache/apt/archives to the desktop's.  This might work --- the
> only problem here is that dselect-apt decides to delete all the files
> in the cache!  How can I turn this off???

This actually is the best option, there is no need to rebuild a directory
structure, a flat directory will work just as well and is much easier for
APT to manage. The latest APT in ptoat has an option to force dselect to
not erase files.

Jason