CD writing (slink)

Hi,

     I have a debian system here at work which I just upgraded to slink.
We recently purchased an ATAPI CD-RW (Phillips PCA362) and I'd like to
record some CD's.  I have a few questions on how to proceed (I've never
used a CD writer before).

     Which kernel should I use?  (I'm currently still using 2.0.34, but was
        considering upgrading anyway).  Any (dis)advangtages/bugs in the
        newer kernels that I should be aware of?

     Can I just follow the HOW-TO, or are there some debian-specific
        issues to address?

     Are there any specific problems with this CD-RW model?

-Chris

--
|   Dr. Christopher D. Judd                                              |