Re: Gnome Installation

Shawn Nguyen wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I've just installed gnome on my system but nothing seems to be
> happening.  I am running the WindowMaker Manager.  The tool box shows
> some gnome stuff like the gnome panel but when I click on it nothing
> happens, it's the same with everything else.  Does anyone know where I
> can get information as to how I can do a correct install of gnome.  I
> have the gnome use guide printed up but it doesn't cover installation.
> Any advice would be of great help.  Thank you.
>
> Shawn
>
> --

you could try running gnome-panel or whatever from an xterm - that way
you see error messages, and you can work out if its eg cos you have old
libraries etc.

frankie
--
Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is
good

	--Peter de Vries

http://www.skunkpussy.freeserve.co.uk - Drum'n'Bass music, samples and
links.