no kernel source

With the distribution that I used to install Linux (Linux
Press 2.1) after the installation was complete I realized
that the source code had not been downloaded !

Question 1.. How do I unpack the source code so that everything
falls down to the appropriate directories??

Question 2.. I am currently using 2.0.32  and I want to recompile
my kernel. Would it later become a BIG PROBLEM if I installed the
source code for a newer kernel and compiled it on top of my
2.0.32 kernel? What else do I need to upgrade in order to get
my system to run properly??

Thanks for all answers/suggestions, I know there is great help
system out there.

Fethi A. Okyar
Research Assistant
IIT