Gnome Installation

Hi,

	I've just installed gnome on my system but nothing seems to be
happening.  I am running the WindowMaker Manager.  The tool box shows
some gnome stuff like the gnome panel but when I click on it nothing
happens, it's the same with everything else.  Does anyone know where I
can get information as to how I can do a correct install of gnome.  I
have the gnome use guide printed up but it doesn't cover installation.
Any advice would be of great help.  Thank you.

Shawn