Re: Multi-CD install

On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 12:24:22AM -0600, Jor-el wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	The dselect interface now has an 'Access' option of 'multi-cd'.
> What is this? I've heard that as of Slink, the Debian binary packages can
> no longer fit in one CD. Is this due to that - one now has to change CD's
> to go through the entire install?
>
> 	When I select the multi-cd install, dselect give me the error
> 'Cannot open /var/lib/dpkg/methods/multicd/available' . The only file in
> the multicd directory is shvar.multicd . Is this correct, or am I
> missing something? My CD vendor is Linux System Labs.

You should have 2 CD's with Slink. And when you install dpkg-multicd from
first cd (by hand) you should insert SECOND CD and rund dselect, then
choose multi-cd access method and all other steps as usually. And when
dselect will install packages it will ask you for first CD and then (after
installing all packages form first CD) for second CD.

--
|Leszek Gerwatowski|    _/_|_\
"It took the computing power of three C-64s to fly to the Moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95. Something is wrong here."