Re: Adaptec AIC7770 error during install

Looking through /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/README.aic7xxx, it doesn't
appear that the numeric argument-format you're using is valid.  Have you
tried "aic7xxx=no_reset"?

There seems to be some conflicts among the various compiled-in SCSI
drivers on the installation diskset, which have prevented successful
booting on a number of systems.  If the above doesn't help, I've got an
unofficial diskset containing only the aic7xxx driver, which might be
worth a try.  You can find it at
"http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/slink/";.