sound

In tere anyway to compile your kernel without have to use modules to
enable sound

I ma using kernel 2.2.3 and I am trying to get a SB16 pnp card to work
I believe I have read all of the neccesary documentation but I am still
haveing trouble getting it to work this is my /dev/sndstat
OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver compiled into kernel
Kernel: Linux arrakis 2.2.3 #8 SMP Mon Mar 22 14:18:55 CST 1999 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 26: MPU-401 (UART)
Type 2: Sound Blaster
Type 29: Sound Blaster PnP
Type 7: SB MPU-401
Type 38: Yamaha OPL3-SA
Type 40: OPL3-SA MIDI
Type 37: Loopback MIDI Device

Card config:
(Yamaha OPL3-SA at 0x530 irq 11 drq 0,3)
(OPL3-SA MIDI at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0)
(Sound Blaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1,1)
(SB MPU-401 at 0x330 irq 5 drq 0)
(OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 drq 0)
Loopback MIDI Device drq 0

Audio devices:

Synth devices:

Midi devices:
0: Loopback MIDI Port 1
1: Loopback MIDI Port 2

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:

I am not sure how to set it up after configuring it into my kernel if
anyone can be of assitance I would greatly appriciate it.