RE: more ram and larger harddrive then the bios can take

I did this with a 486 33 whose BIOS limit was 850Mb. I installed a 6.4GB.
DOS could do nothing with it. But linux worked fine. cfdisk detected the
whole drive and I never had a problem. Until, I formated a partition using
WIN 95 and used it to store data from Win95. Windows really hosed the drive,
writting beyond the bounds..I guess now thinking of it the partitions was
bigger than what the bios could read so I guess this could even work.

I upgraded to a 166 anyway.