Re: Re: Sound

At 3/22/99 2:37:00 PM, you wrote:

>How did you complie sound did you use modules or did you put it striaght into the
>kernel and what type of sound card do you have pluse what version of the kernel do
>you have.

I made sound as a module as the sound driver for my card specified. I have an
Acer FX-3D sound card with an AD1816 chip. I am using kerenel version 2.0.36.
It took a few attempts to get it all right. Once I figured out "isapnptools" it went
pretty smooth. Setting the correct I/O, IRQ setting was tricky at first but I installed
OSS and looked at what setting it used and also what resources Windows was
using.

Are you trying to set up sound?

Doug Dine

dougdine@netzero.net