Re: Floppy install

*- On 22 Mar, Go go Gadget email! wrote about "Floppy install"
> Greetings,
> I've been attempting to install linux onto an IBM Thinkpad 755CE with you
> floppy install instructions/software, and everything has been running
> smoothly, until i attempt to install the kernel. It asks for the rescue
> disk, and once inserted and ok is hit, it refuses to mount the rescue
> disk. I'm hoping you can clue me into what i might be able to do to get
> this guy operating.
> Thanks!

Have you tried more than one disk?  The number one problem with disk
installs is bad disks.  Even if it is a brand new disk, try a different
disk.  Because you are writing raw data to a disk which includes the
formating and filesystem the disk has to be perfect.  Unlike using a
format command which will find bad sectors and mark them as such.

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net