Re: newbie unable to install Slink

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to install slink for CDs (I' ve just burned them).
> During the boot process, I got the following (after indentification of
> cd and hard drive)
>
> (scsi0) <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 11/0
> (scsi0) Wide channel, SCSI ID=7, 16/255 SCBs
> (scsi0) Downloading sequencer code ... 419 instructions downloaded
>
> and the computer got frozen

<SNIP>

> scsi adapter : Adaptec AHA-2940 (SCSI ID =7)
Try looking in the Debian-User archives to find out what has to be done
to boot with an Adaptec AHA-2940/AIC 7XXX SCSI card.  There are some
issues involved!  I'm not sure what issues, but I think there are no
drivers for said card in the default Kernels available for debian.  The
archives have (or should have) LOTS of examples of solutions for you!

Jeff