Re: more ram and larger harddrive then the bios can take

Per-Olof Widstrom wrote:

>  I have seen that people get the advise to add a line in lilo.conf that
> tells how much RAM the system have, if they have more then 64 mb, and that
> it is possible to have a larger harddirve then the BIOS can handle. I just
> would like to ask two simple questons about this:
>
> Q1
>   I have a motherboard with a bios that take 128 ram, no more, that is
> what the manual says, can I have 256 mb if I add memory=256 in lilo.conf.

A1
  No

> Q2
>   My bios manual say that it´s limit is 8,4 gb harddrive. But if i have
> the root inside the 8,4 gb limit is it possible to have, lets say, a 15 gb
> hardrive?

A2
  No

Disclaimer:
	I am guessing at these, so take what I say with a Grain of salt.

I would say that both of these are Hardware Limitations, not software or
driver limitations.  Physical as opposed to Logical problems and thus
not correctable by software.

Jeff