Re: Debian CD Resellers?

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:

> Bob Nielsen dixit:

> > > you sure?  I thought they wouldn't ship non-US to someone whose domain is a
> > > US based one.  For instance, pgp, from outside the US we need to get it as
> > > pgp-i from non-US, whereas from within the US you'll get "plain" pgp ... which
> > > does not belong to non-US.
> > >
> > > Of course, a different issue is whether a US based vendor may ship ANY crypto
> > > related program outside the US borders.
> >
> > The pgp vs. pgp-i issue is one of copyright.  Both are non-us.
>
> fine, but how about mutt vs. mutt-i?

I'm not that familiar with mutt (I use pine with pinepgp, myself)  The
description of mutt sounds a bit suspiciously like it should belong in
non-us:

This package contains cryptographic code, so it may be illegal for you to
use, import or export it depending on your country's laws.

However, if the package doesn't actually contain encryption code, but just
the hooks to use it with pgp, etc. (as does pinepgp), than it doesn't need
to be in non-us (but the description should be revised).  pgp is
suggested, so that possibly is the case.

I can't comment on mutt-i, since it doesn't show up in any of my Packages
files.

Bob

----