Re: Netscape mail - multiple "profiles"?

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> I am running Netscape 4.5 under Debian (hamm). What I need is to be able is to
> open different Messenger "profiles" with different mail folders, different
> "From" addresses and different pop/smtp servers. Since Messenger isn't a multi
> account email client yet (unbelievable!) I thought I could do it this way.

Netscape for Unix doesn't have profiles because it would be very
redundant. Just create an account on your system for everyone that you
would want to create a profile for. When they log in, run netscape, and
personalize it, it will retain the settings for each individual.

In a nutshell, unix (ie linux) provides this for you since it is a
multi-user operating system. Windows is not, so netscape has to fake it.

Tower
Visit my WindowMaker page at http://www.cs.mun.ca/~gstarkes/wmaker/

    "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."
    				-Neil Peart, Rush, "Show Don't Tell"