A few problems

Hi,

I just installed Debian Linux 2.1.  I'm running on a 400MHz PII with 128M
RAM.

Everything seemed to install ok.  However, when I reboot my machine it
says that xdm can't find a valid X configuration file and won't start.  I
then log in as root and run xdm from the command line without problems.
Why would it not be able to find the config files?

Next problem: Netscape.  I downloaded Netscape Communicator 4.51 from
Netscape's homepage and installed it.  The first time it ran, it said it
needed libg++.so.27.  I finally found the library and installed it, but
now Netscape segmentation faults when I run it.  Any idea why it would do
that?

My final problem is related to the last one.  When Netscape seg faulted,
it didn't dump core.  How do I set things up so that the core dumps?

Thanks,
Rich