Inquiry informations

I'm an italian librarian and programmer. I Would like to know about Linux and especially where i can download a good Linux Freeware with a very good user friendly graphic interface, all about linux Faq and Documentation in italian (or english) language. There is an University with a server that she have documantations about Linux?
Thanks Sergio

Ciao, non riesco a scaricare  Debian  dove è un sito FTP da cui poterlo scaricare che sia sicuro e veloce?
Sergio