Re: apt-get question

> I've heard a lot about apt-get in slink but I have a question about
>it.  In hamm, it was such a task to install a package in dselect because
>it rolls through every single package on the dist.  Does slink resolve
>this problem and more specifically, is apt-get the resolution?

What exactly do you mean "it rolls through every single package
on the dist"?  If you mean what it sounds like, you only have to
roll through every package if you don't know the name (or part of
the name) of the package, otherwise just type /searchstring
(and then \ to continue the same search)
Or do you mean the fact that after you select "install"
you have to wait while it checks the list internally?  I admit that
was a problem when I ran debian on a slow system that
did everything from network drives.