Printer Setup

Hi,

        I am trying to set up my printer on Debian, I've got Hamm.  I've
tried to used the
Magicfilter package and got the printer to print.  But it seems to be
cutting off some of the text at the top and bottom and also the printer
will not automatically feed paper, I have to press the button in front
to get it to start printing.  I am sure this has got something to do
with the fact that I am using an incorrect filter for the magicfilter
package.  I have a HP Laserjet 1100, has anyone have any luck setting
this printer up?  If anyone knows what printer to use, etc. in
magicfilter I would appreciate any hint.  Thanks for any advice.

Shawn