Newbie on the verge of trashing thinkpad

O.k., maybe I didn't give enough info on this.  I have a thinkpad 755c.
After installing I'm getting message "memory address conflict at (address)
error 0011".  Then "error 0011" repeats ad infinitum. I have 20 meg of ram
and have set up a 40 meg swap partition. The remaining space (320 meg) is
divided 40 meg for dos and 320 for linux. I have not gotten this type of
message before, so memory config has worked in the past.

Any help?

Ben Oshman
Professional Services Consultant
boshman@poms.com