Slink:Problem with AHA2940 UW

Hi: I was working all these days with Hamm and I had no
    problem with the SCSI.I just got the CD's for LSL
    to change to Slink. The reading of the CD rom is very
    erratic; sometimes it complains about errors, a repeat
    will go without any problem. As a result I am unable to
    install the whole system successfully.

    On boot up I see :
     .. AHA-294X ULTRA ....
     Warning: detected auto-termination ...

     Downloading sequencer code .. 419 instructions
     Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card

     It goes on to recognize the SCSI disk and the CD rom,
     When I try to mount the CD rom I often get an error message,
     but a repeat may go through successfully. The error message
     might look like

     Current error sr0b 00: sense key medium error
     ADditional sense indicates NO seek complete

     During the installation, as a consequence at verious points
     it does not read some files.

  The kernel is 2.0.36.  The kernel I had with hamm was 2.0.34.
  Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

  Sebastian  Canagaratna

  Department of Chemistry
  Ohio Northern University
  Ada OH 45810