Re: Keyboard locked up under X [was System trashed]

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Nils Rennebarth wrote:

> There appears to be a long outstanding bug in the S3 X servers that
> completely locks up the keyboard, although the system still runs fine,
> mouse can be moved, starting programs by mouse and menu works, even
> cut and paste some text into an xterm works.
>
> But the keyboard appears like it's plugged off.

Yup, same here.  After this happening to me a few times I also noticed
that the load wen to about .5 on my poor old 486DX33, so I decided to
unplug and replug the keyboard.  And it worked, the keyboard was fine and
the load went down again.

Roy
--
#### Unsolicited commercial email will be billed at $350/message ####
email: royal@bellsouth.net