Re: Installing Debian Linux on a low-level mem 386.

FROM: HTTP://WWW.Debian.Org/
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-hardware-req.en.html

2.3 Memory and Disk Space Requirements
You must have at least 4MB of memory and 35MB of hard disk. If you want to
install a reasonable amount of software, including the X Window System,
and some development programs and libraries, you'll need at least 300MB.
For a more or less complete installation, you'll need around 800MB. To
install everything available in Debian, you'll probably need around 2 GB.
Actually, installing everything doesn't even make sense, since some
packages conflict with others.