Re: slow connection

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:31:43 +0100, Juha wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>I need help to troubleshoot my Internet-connection. I have new  3com.
>U.S.Robotics modem and it works well with Windows. I can get connnected in,
>but transfer-rate is extremly slow. Netscape-homepage takes 2-3 minutes to
>download.
>Can somebody help me out here?
>
>Juha Korkiakangas
I assume since you can connect at all outside of win, this is NOT a winmodem.
If you can edit the init string in win, ad &W to the end, reinit the modem once then remove the &W.
This will write the init to the modem, and ATZ can be used from then on. (in any os)

I hope this helps!

--
Chuck Lackey
c_lackey@ix.netcom.com